Awesome, thank you very much.

I think it would be enough to use the sample provided by pax-cdi [1].

What I am wondering is, that the web-implementations in pax-cdi (currently
Jetty and Undertow) use different approaches: for example,
pax-cdi-web-undertow-weld provides a faces-config [2] while the others
dont. That's why I am currently trying to get my examples to run on
Undertow rather than Jetty, hoping that this might solve the issue.

If you need another example/integration-test for pax-web I can create one.

regards
Marc

[1]
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.cdi/tree/master/pax-cdi-samples/pax-cdi-sample4-jsf