I don't have a lot of data, but we're seeing similar behavior, but
integrating with Karaf 4.0.5.  If I run a suite of tests, many of them fail
with "Address in use" errors, and when the tests are all completed, I see
several leftover karaf instances that I have to manually kill.  Some of the
tests are also failing for other reasons (dependencies, other details).  I
don't know if it's possible for those errors to cause the shutdown to fail.