I suspect that pax-jdbc is NOT reading *cfg files directly but you provide them through felix-fileinstall as regular OSGi-Configurations and pax-jdbc use osgi-cm to access them.
You have two options:

- hook up on felix-fileinstall by providing a custom ArtifactTransformer and ArtifactInstaller [1] - register a ConfigurationPlugin [2] (just make sure your plugi nstarts before any other services or you refresh the configs of interest after start-up of your service)

[1] http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-file-install.html [2] https://osgi.org/javadoc/r4v42/org/osgi/service/cm/ConfigurationPlugin.html