Zaheduzzaman Sarker has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-opsawg-l2nm-18: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-l2nm/

DISCUSS:

Thanks for the effort to produce  this  YANG model, I always fascinate by the
work done in creating the YANG models.

I have found inconsistencies in the classification of normative references and
informative references, hence, would like to discuss those. Some examples below-

- in the terminology section while  [RFC6241], [RFC7950], [RFC8466], [RFC4026],
and [RFC8309] are normative references, [RFC8969] and [RFC8340] are not. But
clearly this document uses terms defined in those documents and I as a reader
had to open those RFCs to understand what the terms are and without that I
would not be possible to understand this document.

- sometimes the this document is correctly referring to other documents as
normative, as terms or processes are defines there but sometimes it is not. for
example -

    'signaling-option':
Indicates a set of signaling options that are specific to a given VPN network
access, e.g., a CE ID ('ce-id' identifying the CE within the VPN) and a remote
CE ID as discussed in Section 2.2.2 of [RFC6624].

Now, without understanding what is discussed or defined in RFC6624 it was hard
for me to understand the node/leaf mentioned in this document. Thus, I felt
RFCC6624 should be a normative reference but it was not.

- The reference modules from this document cannot be informative reference, can
they? For example in section 8.1 it says -

   This module references [RFC3032], [RFC4446], [RFC4448], [RFC4553],
   [RFC4618], [RFC4619], [RFC4717], [RFC4761], [RFC4816], [RFC4842], and
   [RFC5086].

however, RFC4842 and RFC5086 is informative reference.

I would say, please go through the document and correctly categorise all the