Thanks Med for your prompt reply. Your clarifications were helpful.

Please see inline below

//Zahed

> On 2 Jun 2022, at 11:33, mohamed.boucad...@orange.com wrote:
>
> Hi Zahed,
>
> Thank you for the review.
>
> Please see inline.
>
> Cheers,
> Med

8466 is also in the normative reference.

> For the other RFCs, we are trying to be consistent with previous usages. For
> ex
>
> Take the example of 8340, ** none ** of the very very long of RFCs that cites
> 8340 is categorizing it as normative:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8340/referencedby/
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8340/referencedby/>. We can understand
> that if we look at RFC8407:
>
> If YANG tree diagrams are used, then an informative reference to the
> YANG tree diagrams specification MUST be included in the document.
>
> The majority of RFCs are citing RFC4026 as informative.
I see your point. For this document while reviewing, I found it very important
to understand the terminologies. This might be due to lack of  experience with
YANG models on my part. I felt like I can’t digest this doc without
understanding those terms and that falls into normative definition to me. As
you mentioned majority that doest not mean “all” so I don’t see we should be
bothered to put them in the normative section it that helps. I will leave it up
to you experts to decide.

> and so on.
>
> But
>> clearly this document uses terms defined in those documents and I
>> as a reader
>> had to open those RFCs to understand what the terms are and
>> without that I
>> would not be possible to understand this document.
>>
>> - sometimes the this document is correctly referring to other
>> documents as
>> normative, as terms or processes are defines there but sometimes
>> it is not. for
>> example -
>>
>> 'signaling-option':
>> Indicates a set of signaling options that are specific to a given
>> VPN network
>> access, e.g., a CE ID ('ce-id' identifying the CE within the VPN)
>> and a remote
>> CE ID as discussed in Section 2.2.2 of [RFC6624].
>
> [Med] This is because this is just an example: ", e.g.,"

May be a wrong example to illustrate the case - here is another one

   'l2vpn-bgp':
The service is a Multipoint VPLS that uses a BGP control plane as described in
[RFC4761
<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-opsawg-l2nm-18.html#RFC4761>] and
[RFC6624
<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-opsawg-l2nm-18.html#RFC6624>].
RFC4761 is normative and RFC6624 is not. It is very hard for me to see if there
is other reasons to make 4761 normative and not 6624.

>> Now, without understanding what is discussed or defined in RFC6624
>> it was hard
>> for me to understand the node/leaf mentioned in this document.
>> Thus, I felt
>> RFCC6624 should be a normative reference but it was not.
>>
>> - The reference modules from this document cannot be informative
>> reference, can
>> they?
>
> [Med] They can. We are using a classification that is aligned with
> rfc8407#section-3.9:
>
> For every normative reference statement that appears in a module
> contained in the specification that identifies a separate document, a
> corresponding normative reference to that document SHOULD appear in
> the Normative References section. The reference SHOULD correspond to
> the specific document version actually used within the specification.
> If the reference statement identifies an informative reference that
> identifies a separate document, a corresponding informative reference
> to that document MAY appear in the Informative References section.
>
> For example in section 8.1 it says -
>>
>> This module references [RFC3032], [RFC4446], [RFC4448],
>> [RFC4553],
>> [RFC4618], [RFC4619], [RFC4717], [RFC4761], [RFC4816],
>> [RFC4842], and
>> [RFC5086].
>>
>> however, RFC4842 and RFC5086 is informative reference.
>
> [Med] Which is normal as per the clarification above.

I see, I haven’t checked if all of the were imported or not. My mistake.