From: Joe Clarke (jclarke) <jcla...@cisco.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2023 2:31 PM
To: Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>; mohamed.boucad...@orange.com;
Rob Wilton (rwilton) <rwil...@cisco.com>
Cc: opsawg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] WG LC: draft-ietf-opsawg-9092-update

Rob, can you comment on this with respect to 9092 and the intent for this bis?

Thanks.

Joe

On 11/30/23, 09:24, "Michael Richardson"
<mcr+i...@sandelman.ca<mailto:mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>> wrote:

mohamed.boucad...@orange.com<mailto:mohamed.boucad...@orange.com> wrote:
    > I guess Rob has to call this out in the last call; please see RFC8067:

    >       For Standards Track or BCP documents requiring normative
    > reference to documents of lower maturity, the normal IETF Last Call
    > procedure will be issued, with the need for the downward reference
    > explicitly documented in the Last Call itself.  Any community comments
    > on the appropriateness of downward references will be considered by the
    > IESG as part of its deliberations.

Yes, but it seems that this didn't happen when RFC9092 went through Last Call,
and some of
those references are occuring again.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca<mailto:mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>>,