Adrian Farrel <adr...@olddog.co.uk> wrote:
    > The MPLS working group is discussing sending a liaison to ITU-T SG11 in
    > response to their liaison (https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1869/)
    > originally targeted at OPSAWG.

I'm not an MPLS person, and I don't do ITU-T, but:

    > If you feel:
    > - OPSAWG should co-sign

Yes.

    > - MPLS should butt out

I think that your reply is appropriate.

    > The MPLS working group would like to thank you for sharing your
requirements
    > as expressed in Q.3962.

    > Our current understanding of your requirements suggests that all or most
of
    > your requirements can be addressed using existing IP/MPLS OAM tools.

I'm leaving this part here for others that didn't read that far.
Maybe list a few RFCs here?

    > We would welcome all experts to bring these requirements to the IETF's
MPLS
    > working group with a view to working collaboratively on an Informational
RFC
    > that describes how to deliver the function you want to see. Obviously,
    > should any lacunae be discovered during this process, the working group
    > would also be pleased to engage in additional protocol work to resolve any
    > issues.

I didn't know what lacunae are.

dictionary.com told me: noun
An empty space or a missing part; a gap.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )