Hi. Yes, you're right but I forgot to mention that the software eventually gives up on another path (essentially it seems to stall) and I cannot log-out of Yahoo mail. Another annoying event is that I see a blank page after submitting login information.
Thanks, ~Caitlin --- sigi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hi, > > > I recently set-up a Tor server with an exit node on port 80 (WinXP > > SP2). > > I configured a middleman-proxy... > > > When using either firefox or opera, I frequently see the following > > entries in my log file: > > > > Sep 04 03:12:21:890 [Notice] connection_ap_expire_beginning(): We > > tried > > for 15 seconds to connect to '[scrubbed]' using exit 'bach'. > Retrying > > on a new circuit. > > Sep 04 04:08:19:078 [Notice] resolve_my_address(): Your IP seems to > > have changed. Updating. > > Sep 04 04:08:39:187 [Notice] router_orport_found_reachable(): > > Self-testing indicates your ORPort is reachable from the outside. > > Excellent. Publishing server descriptor. > > Sep 04 07:51:55:031 [Notice] connection_ap_expire_beginning(): We > > tried > > for 15 seconds to connect to '[scrubbed]' using exit > > 'yyycccvvvddd132'. > > Retrying on a new circuit. > > Sep 04 07:52:02:031 [Notice] connection_ap_expire_beginning(): We > > tried > > for 15 seconds to connect to '[scrubbed]' using exit > > 'yyycccvvvddd132'. > > Retrying on a new circuit. > > > [...] > > ...and my logs do look the same. What's wrong with it? It's building > new > circuits - seems alright, doesn't it? > > > This makes logging out of Yahoo mail and other services difficult. > > Does anyone have a suggestion? > > ??? > What do you want to log? I think as a tor-node you/we should log > possibly the traffic, nothing else - providing most possible > anonymity. > Am I not right? > > Regards, > sigi. > > > -- > | .''`. ** Debian GNU/Linux ** | > | : :' : The universal | > | `. `' Operating System | > | `- http://www.debian.org/ | > "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss, "Oh the Places You'll Go" __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com

