Unfortunately some ISPs just aren't willing to deal with the issues; that's how it works. You could always run a non-exit relay if you wish to, since they'll pretty much never have abuse complaints (theoretically, you could receive complaints related to an end user connecting to you, but that's quite unlikely). It's basically impossible to run an exit node with an ISP that doesn't understand tor or isn't willing to stand up for you in the instance of abuse complaints; i've got an informal relationship with mine where all abuse complaints are forwarded (as per their policy) and I reply to them and the original sender with a template letter about Tor. I've never had anything go beyond the first mailing, and never a complaint from the ISP.
Anyway, rambling aside, if you wish to keep contributing, consider a non-exit node (ExitPolicy reject *:*); other than the bandwidth, your ISP would have no reason to complain about that. - John Brooks On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Kyle Williams<[email protected]> wrote: > So some ass thought it would be great to spam from my node, because today I > got a complaint about abuse. > > The node "BillyGoat" (FP: 12b9b187422b2a7752f861aa0b86e4d99fa88dc0) has been > taken offline because of this. I'm not going to argue with my hosting > company as they support my websites, and I like having them. I gave them > the informational lecture about Tor and how it helps people, but they only > care about the abuse. Further more, the people on the other end of the > phone don't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. This is the second > time this has happened within a week of firing up a Tor server, and now I > remember why I do not like running a exit node. > Consider this just a FYI, router BillyGoat is down and will not be back > online. > > Best regards, > Kyle

