Hi gurus,
Our database is running on Dynix in a Sequent machine.
I tried to put the startup/shutdown script we use in crontab and
schedule it.
I call a script shut.sh which in turn will call the shutdown.sh
script. But it gives me an error saying svrmgrl- not found.  I've
given here those scripts..
What am I missing??

This shut.sh is called by the cron

shut.sh
/data23/tbms/.profile
/data21/app/oracle/admin/TBMS/dba/shutdown.sh
>/data21/app/oracle/admin/TBMS/db
a/shut.log 2>/data21/app/oracle/admin/TBMS/dba/shut.err

shutdown.sh
-----------

ORACLE_SID=TBMS
export ORACLE_SID
INITIAL_STATUS=`ps -ef|grep "ora_[a-z]*_TBMS"|wc -l`
echo $INITIAL_STATUS
if [ $INITIAL_STATUS != 0 ]; then
   svrmgrl <<EOF
   connect internal
   alter system switch logfile;
   shutdown immediate;
   exit
EOF

   DB_STATUS=`ps -ef|grep "oracleTBMS"`
   if [ -n $DB_STATUS ]; then
     echo "Starting up the database in restrict mode"
     svrmgrl <<EOF
     connect internal
     startup  restrict;
     shutdown ;
     exit
EOF
     echo "Database TBMS shutdown"
   else
  echo "Error in shutting down database"
     exit
   fi
else

   echo "Database is already shutdown..exiting"
   exit
fi

regards,
Manivannan.M