John,
Yes, thanks for pointing that out. The password will be displayed when using
'ied'. I have not found any solution to that, and the way 'ied' works I
doubt if there is any workaround. Sorry.
The script I mentioned will suppress the password, but I think it will be
displayed when recalling previous commands.
I do not know if there is anything like 'ied' on Sun or AIX or any other
UNIX flavour.

Thanks.

- Kirti

Author: Deshpande, Kirti