Hi,

I appled 8.1.6.3 patch few days back. To my surprise, another instance did not have the same problem after applying the same patch.

I got another reply to run  $ORACLE_HOME/javavm/install/initdbj.sql  as internal user and it worked like a magic!!  I am still trying to relate the javavm and export utility !

Thanks to all who replied.

Now,I got to close that tar opened with Metalink which is in "work in progress" mode for sometime!

Rgds,

Jyoti

>From: Christian Trassens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: Weird -904 Problem
>Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 11:05:42 -0800
>
>Probably you need to run the catexp.sql again. This is
>100% if you applied a patch. Even if you don't try
>running the catexp.sql again. Also the error during
>export depends on where you have had it. I mean
>whether it has been in one of your tables or in
>sys/system objects.
>
>Regards.
>

>--- Jyoti N <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>

>style='background-color:'>

Hi,

I got a similar problem in my test database while

>trying to do an export.Opened a tar with Oracle , but
>not much luck yet.

I get the following error:

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 904

>encountered
ORA-00904: invalid column
>name
EXP-00000: Export terminated
>unsuccessfully.

No idea why this happened?I am not sure if this is

>connected to the 904 mentioned here.

Rgds,

Jyoti

>"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

> [...]

Get your FREE