    From:   Kevin Bass [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
    Sent:   Monday, December 03, 2001 3:15 PM
    To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
    Subject:        RE: Corrupted data blocks in tablespace SYSTEM

    I have attempted a full export and received the following message:

    [/u03] $ exp system/<password> full=y rows=y file=full.dmp

    Export: Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production on Mon Dec 3 15:3:21 2001

    (c) Copyright 1998 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

    Connected to: Oracle8 Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
    PL/SQL Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
    Export done in US7ASCII character set and US7ASCII NCHAR character set

    About to export the entire database ...
    . exporting tablespace definitions
    . exporting profiles
    . exporting user definitions
    . exporting roles
    . exporting resource costs
    . exporting rollback segment definitions
    . exporting database links
    . exporting sequence numbers
    . exporting directory aliases
    . exporting foreign function library names
    EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1578 encountered
    ORA-01578: ORACLE data block corrupted (file # 1, block # 2660)
    ORA-01110: data file 1: '/u02/oradata/TIE/system01.dbf'

    Since the corruption resides in the SYSTEM tablespace, it seems that the
    course of action that should be taken is to re-create the database.

    Kevin L. Bass
    Database Administrator
    Americal Corporation
    (252) 762-2199 x2144