Interesting news. Makes me wonder though. Remember when
Oracle moved to support client-server computing? Now Larry
derides client-server and distributed computing saying
that it's cheaper to have just one big system. How many
times have you heard Larry talk about how Oracle's
consolidated their email servers? Makes me wonder whether
five years down the road Larry will be telling us that it's
"silly to run a database on 50 cheap boxes" because it's
much easier to administer one big one.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] * 906.387.1698
http://Gennick.com * http://MichiganWaterfalls.com * http://ValleySpur.com

AMG0> Ellison says Oracle's 'whole business' to run on Linux

AMG0> The Oracle chairman and CEO said the company will replace three Unix
AMG0> servers
AMG0> that run the bulk of its business applications with a cluster of Intel
AMG0> Corp.
AMG0> servers running Linux.

AMG0> http://computerworld.com/nlt/1%2C3590%2CNAV47_STO67867_NLTAM%2C00.html

Author: Jonathan Gennick