-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 10:34 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hello DBAs

Is there a command that tells me which rollback segment is being
used by current transaction?
Also, can you force a session to use particular rollback segment? I
have used in the past the command:

set transaction use rollback segment rbs_01

but the named rollback segment seemed to be used until the end of
tranasction. After a commit or rollback a different rollback segment
could have been used by Oracle. I wonder if there is a way to make
sure that once a user logs in, a particular rollback segment is used.

Thanks

Witold

Witold Iwaniec
Sr Software Developer