HI All,

My first experience with Oracle was version 4 in a Computer Class in
1986 or 1987.  The class was taught on a Harris Minicomputer and we
used UFI - User Friendly Interface to enter our queries.  The thing I
remember the most was that if you issued a sql statement incorrectly and
received an error a rollback of your entire transaction occurred (uggggh).

I remember the insrtructor talking about the next release which was going
to have these cool new features called sql star forms and sql star reports.

Do we still call that the "good old days".

John
JOhn

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
UFI no, but the rest... that's where I started in Oracle -- version 5

--- "Conboy, Jim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Holy cow Mladen, what a memory!

Does anybody else remember (or admit to) using UFI?

Jim

...does anybody still remember VAX/VMS, ORACLE$BI, IOR and ODT?...
Author: Conboy, Jim

San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing
Lists