Tom,

I started with using the installer. It appears it installed Oracle
software. Of course this does nothing with the registry,services,etc.  When
I go back into
installer it still shows some 9i installed. When I try to uninstall it
insist on un-installing some oracle 8i software.  I have been working in
Oracle since the
end of Oracle 5 and one thing is constant Oracle install/uninstall
procedures SUCKS. Ok I feel a little better now,back to the problem.  I
found a Oracle
document detailing removal or oracle software and a oracle home, followed
it to the letter. Everything appears to work fine except the installer
still shows some 9i software installed when I know there is not. It mus be
stored elsewhere but do not know how to correct.  This may cause problems
if I attempt to re-install 9i. Any ideas?

Thanks
Rick

                    "Mercadante,

                    Thomas F"               To:     "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:     "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    ate.ny.us>              Subject:     RE: How to deinstall oracle
9i and leave 8i intact

                    04/30/2002 09:01

                    AM

Rick,