[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 11:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I *think* there was a bug where it would also analyze SYS when you gathered
database stats... why did you go from analyzing at the schema level to
analyzing
the entire database?

You will need to delete the stats if they are there for any object owned by
SYS.
since I've never done this, I don't have a script to delete the stats... I
know
I've seen it posted to the list.. anyone have a copy?

Rachel

|--------+----------------------->
|        |                       |
|        |                       |
|        |          jbdonga@ucdav|
|        |          is.edu       |
|        |                       |
|        |          05/09/2002   |
|        |          02:01 PM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                    |
  |       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 |
  |       cc:     Rachel Carmichael@Sony_Music         |
  |       Subject:     RE: DBA_EXTENTS problem         |

I have recently changed the analyze script. Earliar it was
dbms_utility.analyze_schema(...) statement, It is now changed to
dbms_stats.gather_database_stats();

Is this a problem?

The response time for select count(*) from dba_extents is also 30 minutes.
It is not specific to any table.
Thanks,
-- Babu