> I'm able to display phys read/write IO directly from... statspack

I started with data from StatsPack but instead went directly to the V$
tables to get it "real time," or at least every minute. I get physical
writes, physical reads, db block and consistent gets, queries executed with
soft and hard parses, and SQL*Net bytes sent and received as part of my top
level graphs to maintain a pulse on activity. Then I drill down into the
wait interface for the details.

> Would love to be able to pool resources here and bounce off some ideas.

Currently my code is a hodgepodge of Perl, Python, RRDTool, PHP, and is
piggybacking on "ORCA" stuff too. I've thought about opening it up to some
kind of SourceForge collaborative development but that means I'd have to
turn the hodgepodge code into a unified set (probably Python) and commit to
supporting it. Don't know if I'm ready for that. I've also thought about
presenting it but rather experience the glory of an over-achiever I'm
complacently willing to wallow in the anonymity and obscurity of an
under-achiever.  ;-)

Steve Orr
Bozeman, Montana