Hi Rafiq,

We have been using 35 percent on our warehouse, even
on our fact partitions. Now that I have thought about
it for a while, that seems like a lot given the volume
of data. If a representative sample can be gathered
with 10,000 or 50,000 or 100,000 rows, and our fact
partitions have millions of rows each, seems like we
could go 1% on our analyze and it would be within
acceptable tolerances.

/jack

Author: Jack Silvey