Hey Joe:

   I generally switch from NT to Unix when availability becomes a central issue.  When you can look at the performance monitor in NT and see that the box is not scaling properly is another cautionary flag.  Additionally, people switch when they get frustrated with the installation and update processes for software upgrades.

  I have, as you do, Oracle on my NT laptop and think that Oracle could do a MUCH BETTER JOB implementing the software.  Given that cost is no longer an issue with platform-specific pricing gone, I guess it is a subjective decision when to switch.

Thank You

Stephen P. Karniotis

Product Architect

Compuware Corporation

Direct:                   (248) 865-4350

Mobile:                  (248) 408-2918

Email:                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Web:                        www.compuware.com