Title: RE: Creating sequences on the DUAL table?

answer below

You don't mean that the developer wants to add columns to dual?
I think the developer means that you should create two sequences, and he will get the next value by saying
select seq.nextval from dual ;
(example:
SQL> create sequence s ;
Séquence créée.
SQL> select s.nextval from dual ;

  NEXTVAL
---------
        1
end of example)
I don't see a problem with creating a sequence for someone, as long as you make them beg properly first to teach them respect for the importance of the DBA.