-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 8:59 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Okay, I'll admit I know nothing about the create directory command and
am off to read the fine manuals as soon as I hit send on this....

my developer sent me an email saying "do you know of this new feature
create_directory? it is recommended to use create_directory instead of
utl_file_dir"

First, she's not in, I can't ask her WHO recommended it. But I will.
Second, I think she meant create directory, without the underscore.

Basically what we are doing is reading an orders table and generating a
flat file to be shipped to the fulfillment center. This will be done
via a PL/SQL procedure which will be called at regularly scheduled
times.

Why would I want/need to use create directory instead of utl_file?  The
database will go live in 9.2.0.1

Any advice is welcome!

Rachel
message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may
contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are
not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify corporate MIS at (860) 766-2000
and delete this e-mail message from your computer, Thank