-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 3:45 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Dan,

What you intend to say is that if the database crashed at say 2:15:30, you
can do an incomplete recovery upto say 2:10:30, right? Why cant I do a
complete recovery ? or what stops me from doing an incomplete recovery
until 2:15:25?

Raj

<<snip>>

02:00 1st tablespace begins backup
02:10 1st tablespace ends backup
02:11 2nd tablespace begins backup
02:21 2nd tablespace ends backup
02:22 3rd tablespace begins backup
02:32 3rd tablespace ends backup
etc.

You could then perform an incomplete recovery until 02:10:01 - 02:10:59 or
02:21:01 - 02:21:59, etc.

<<snip>>
Author: Fink, Dan