-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 11:33 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hello Guru's

I have run a script which indicates that of the three redo log latches two
had occurences of sleeps. To overcome this usually you increase SPIN_COUNT
by 50% or so.

When trying to ALTER SYSTEM SET SPIN_COUNT = 3000;
Present system is set as 2000. I get the following error.
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-25138: SPIN_COUNT initialization parameter has been made obsolete

Now what? what can I do to overcome the sleeps issues?

Regards
Denham Eva
Oracle DBA
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to
understand the simplicity."
Dennis Ritchie.

Author: Hately, Mike (NESL-IT)