Yah. That's what we do on EnTee/WinTuKee.

Also, on DOS prompt:

oradim -startup -sid=<SID> -pfile=<PFILE PATH>

But on EnTee, I think you can't do, at least I couldn't, maybe someone has tried
this and it worked for them 8i on NT4/W2K:

sqlplus /nlolog
connect / as sysdba
startup nomount
create database database_name