Brian,

Yes I have checked all of this.  Three other co-workers are having same
problem except they just have the one Oracle client 8.1.7. It
appears to be client related.

Thanks
Rick

                    Brian McGraw

                    <brian.mcgraw@infinity-insu       To:     Multiple recipients of
list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    rance.com>                        cc:

                    Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Subject:     RE: Different
Oracle clients give different results

                    12/31/2002 01:28 PM

                    Please respond to ORACLE-L

Rick -

Are all of the sqlnet.ora files resolving hostnames in the same order
i.e., NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (ONAMES, TNSNAMES, HOSTNAME)?  I'd also
check for a rogue tnsnames.ora file in the same path as the executable.

Brian

| Brian McGraw /* DBA */  Infinity Insurance |
| mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] |

Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 7:34 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hi DBAs,

Oracle Server 8.1.6 Win 2000  Oracle Names

I have the following Oracle clients installed locally.  I connect to the
server using the same USER.  When I describe
a package and procedure with package I get different results depending
on
the client.

Any ideas what is going on here

8.0.5
 desc pkg_charts                     WORKS
   desc pkg_charts.select_affiliates        WORKS
8.1.6
 desc pkg_charts                     WORKS
   desc pkg_charts.select_affiliates        ORA-04043: object
pkg_charts.select_affiliates does not exist

8.1.7

Author: Brian McGraw