From: Terrian, Tom (Contractor) (DAASC) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 1:59 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: Database tracking

I guess I would also like to test out the network response time.  If I run the same SQL from one UNIX box to the production databases at other sites (via sqlnet), I can record total run time and sql statement run time (I assume the difference would be network response time?).  If I keep this information forever then I will know if the databases are slowing down or speeding up.  I could also determine if particular boxes are speeding up or slowing down.

The question is, what would be a good SQL statement to test?  Is
SQL> select count(*) from dba_tables;
as good as another?