-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 4:24 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Paul - That is not my understanding. If you look in the Oracle guide that
shows the differences between Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition,
Standard has something named "Basic Replication", and Enterprise has
"Advanced Replication". Advanced means multimaster replication. Basic means
snapshots. In between there are several other replication alternatives, like
updatable snapshots, but I haven't seen a clear explanation of where basic
stops and advanced starts. If anyone knows, I would appreciate their posting
the facts.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.

Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 2:59 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I believe that "Advanced Replication" was just a name change,
introduced in either Oracle8 or Oracle8i.

PB
--- Mogens_Nørgaard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The person I know who can answer this is the guy who was Mr
Replication
in Cary's SPG-group from the beginning, namely Dominic Delmolino. He
was
truly a pioneer with that stuff. I'll ask him and get back.

Mogens

DENNIS WILLIAMS wrote:

Chaim - I agree with your note, but isn't that basic replication?

Robert

asked about advanced (multimaster) replication.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.