That' the one.

In fact I suggested in the book that there
might be some other use for it because
I had seen a note about 'spare1 being used
for the Hakan" factor - and didn't realise that
the Hakan fact actually was the max rows
per block factor.

Stave Adams has been talking to Oracle support
about this quite recently - and there is also a
bit of a threat that Oracle may change the way
they set the Hakan factor in v10 which would
make it useless for my re-org trick.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk