Prakash - Are you using uniform extents?

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.

Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 9:34 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > select tablespace_name, initial_extent,
next_extent, extent_management from dba_tablespaces
  2  where tablespace_name in ('TAB128K02', 'TAB4M02');

TABLESPACE_NAME                INITIAL_EXTENT NEXT_EXTENT EXTENT_MAN
------------------------------ -------------- ----------- ----------
TAB4M02                               4194304     4194304 LOCAL
TAB128K02                              131072      131072 LOCAL

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > create table test tablespace tab128k02
as
select * from dba_objects;

Table created.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > select tablespace_name, initial_extent,
next_extent from dba_tables where table_name='TEST';

TABLESPACE_NAME                INITIAL_EXTENT NEXT_EXTENT
------------------------------ -------------- -----------
TAB128K02                              131072      131072

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > alter table test move tablespace
TAB4M02;

Table altered.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >  select tablespace_name, initial_extent,
next_extent from dba_tables where table_name='TEST';

TABLESPACE_NAME                INITIAL_EXTENT NEXT_EXTENT
TAB4M02                                131072     4194304

We are on 8.1.7.4 on HP-UX 11.0