I have a question about index creation. When I run

create index xyz ... tablespace indx_ts ...

at what stage "sort_area_size" (and temp space if sort_area_size is not
large enough) is used during the process? Is my understanding correct that
the index will be created in  "indx_ts" (not temp tablespace). As long as we
have enough space in "indx_ts" we are fine. I thought sort_area_size and
temp space is used for sorting only.

Guang