In that case what happened is that a session inserted a row at 13:35:13 and another
session (or the same session) tried an insert at the same second. This is assuming
that the time reported from the application is taken from the same source as the time
used to populate column date_created. If the application reporting time is taken from
a different source than the time used to populate date_created (e.g. the application
uses a PC client clock to report errors, and date_created is sysdate from the database
server) then the two times will not necessarily match.

Not creating unique indexes on tables - I agree with Ms. Carmichael that if you read
that statement, what was probably meant was create constraints to enforce uniqueness,
and not indexes (though as you will have noticed Oracle will use an index to enforce
the constraint, and "automagically" create the index if necessary.)

Author: Jacques Kilchoer