VERY interesting. They refused to do site licensing at a 20000 installation here. Thank you for this tip.

Rachel Carmichael wrote:

Oracle does site licensing... but only if you are a very very large
corporation. Citibank (when I worked there) had one. The company I work
for now has one.

So I don't ask "do we have a license" when I want to install a new
version of Oracle, even if it is a new platform

One of the few things that is easier working in a rigid corporate
environment

--- Mogens_Nørgaard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

There's one thing that IBM can do, which Microsoft and Oracle can't offer: They do site licenses as well as cpu and user licensing. That just gives them an incredible advantage to management and others who
can stop thinking about whether they should buy another server, move
stuff from one server to the other, etc. I can't believe Oracle and
Microsoft are not doing it (I think I can guess, but it's still not good).

Mladen Gogala wrote:

I believe that the answer to Stephane's question is obvious:
Oracle 10g will cost 10 grands/ CPU. That's where the letter "g" is coming from.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA