ADDM (pronouned "Adam") is - as I wrote a minute ago - Statspack++ - for what it's worth. Of course you can't tell a damned thing about performance problems from system-data. Unless there's only one and the same user on the system in the observation internval.

Active Session History (ASH), however, is a different story. Here they collect (down to every second) data about each session and what it spent its time doing. That's 10046 stuff being sampled in memory structures and stored in the repository in the SYSAUX tablespace. Very cool. Gaja will talk about it at our Database Forum - probably the day after he stars in "BAARF. The Musical".

Jesse, Rich wrote:

Sweet!

"Oracle's Kumar likens ADDM to 'a genie in your database-if you have a
performance problem, you just ask the database what the problem is and it
automatically analyzes the complete database system and comes up with
recommendations.'"

<sarcasm>No more SQL tuning!  No more STATSPACK!  No more OEM/DBMS jobs!
Wait a minute...no more DBA?  Uh-oh.</sarcasm>

"I'm sorry Dave. I can't close the pod bay instance."

Rich

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA