You could use LAST_SEC (from dba_jobs) specification for “broken” job, which is “time” portion of LAST_DATE, when you calculate NEXT_DATE for dbms_job.broken.

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Beckstrom
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 7:39 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: set correct "next" time after fixing broken job

If I mark a job as broken to prevent its being run and later mark it as being unbroken,  it appears that by default the "next run date" is set as the current date.  If I want to have the job rescheduled back to its original date/time, is there a way to do that.  Let's say the job runs daily at 10:00 p.m.  If I mark the job as broken and later as unbroken without specifying a date, it runs immediately.  However, I know that I can code a date when I unbreak the job, but how can I do this in sql without hardcoding a date.  We have several jobs we would sometimes like halted during maintenance and would like to avoid having to hardcode a date when unbreak them.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
(216) 781-4204