:-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-) :-)  :-)  :-) :-)  :-)  :-) :-)  :-)  :-) :-)  :-)  :-)

To BOTH answers below!

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Connor McDonald [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Sat 9/27/2003 7:34 AM
        To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
        Subject: RE: guidance

        Conversely, on *my* 30min drives to school with my
        Dad, his advice was:

        "Why don't you take the bloody bus!"

        :-)

         --- Cary Millsap <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >
        How can I say this...

        > "Don't confuse learning how to pass the performance
        > tuning exam with
        > learning how to make systems faster."
        >
        > I'll offer you my Dad's advice on this, which he
        > reiterated frequently
        > on our 30-minute drives to and from school:
        >
        > "There are two answers to every question your
        > teachers will ask you
        > while you're in school. There's the correct answer,
        > and there's the
        > answer that the teacher wants. I expect you to know
        > them both."
        >

        > Cary Millsap
        > Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
        > http://www.hotsos.com
        >
        > Upcoming events:
        > - Performance Diagnosis 101: 10/28 Phoenix, 11/19
        > Sydney
        > - Hotsos Symposium 2004: March 7-10 Dallas
        > - Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...

        =====
        Connor McDonald
        web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
        web: http://www.oaktable.net
        email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        "GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

        Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=

Author: Caffrey, Melanie