Peter, i would be interested in that.
can you mail it to me ?

Dias Costa

Robson, Peter wrote:

Yes, exactly Stephane -

Non-printable characters like this are a proper pest in our environment, to
the extent that I have exception reports running every night looking for
them (cannot trust the users...).

I have a small PL/SQL piece of code used to detect these things, if anyone
wants it.

peter
edinburgh

-----Original Message----- Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 9:54 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Steve,

If you are patient, I guess that something like

where dump(problem_column) like '%<target hex>%'

should more or less answer your question.

HTH

SF