It probably contains an unprintable control character or an extra space.
Try doing

$ ls -li    # to get the inode
$ find . -inode <inode>  -exec mv {} <newname> \;

or something similar.

Adam

"AK" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
10/23/2003 04:49 PM
Please respond to

Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Subject
how is it possible

This happening with me 3 rd time on this hp box . When I do ls -alt I can
see a file in current directory but when I try to open it (vi/cat ) it
says no such file or directory .  I am same user who created the file . (
no permission problem )

Any idea ??

-ak

/home/ak/myscripts/shell_scr $ ls -alt
total 4
drwxrwxrwx   2 ak       dba             96 Oct 23 14:40 .
-rwxrwxrwx   1 ak       dba            412 Oct 23 14:40 mon_scr
drwxr-x---  10 ak       dba           1024 Oct 13 16:07 ..
 /home/ak/myscripts/shell_scr $ cat mon_scr
cat: Cannot open mon_scr: No such file or directory
 /home/ak/myscripts/shell_scr $ cat ./mon_scr
cat: Cannot open ./mon_scr: No such file or directory
/home/ak/myscripts/shell_scr $
/home/ak/shell_scr $ whoami
ak