Title: Message
>> Who really wants to run the server software on a Tier 3 platform, anyways?

Apple is not only a Tier 3 platform:
http://www.apple.com/uk/xserve/
http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2003/10/29/osxcon_g5cluster.html

Personally I made the switch to a PowerBook 16 months ago. Really the only downside is the price tag, beats all other desktop platforms in all other areas.

Sten