Bellow, Bambi
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 8:19 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Melanie --

What's happening is that, in a write-intensive environment, the developers
want to "freeze a moment in time" which can be used across developers and
applications for testing to ensure consistent results.  The functionality
may be expanded, in time, depending on how it works.  But from what I'm
seeing, this seems to be the right tool for the job.

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback.  In my book, this goes down as Oracle's
coolest feature since DECODE.

Bambi.