Use pl/sql block with execute immediate 'create table < > as ...'
Number of rows should be in sql%rowcount (immediately after execute immediate).

Waleed
-----Original Message-----
From: Arup Nanda [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 3:34 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Getting Number of Rows in CTAS across DBLink

List,

When I create a table as select * from another table across a dblink, how do I find out how many rows were created in the table? Is there a statistic somewhere, documented or otherwise, that tells me how many rows were fetched?

Currently I am using a rather convoluted approach - using the statistic, bytes received via SQL*Net to dblink, and dividing that by the average row size to get an approximate idea of the number of rows. However, this approximation is far from even reasonably accurate; and since the rowsize can change radically, it can be way off the mark. Any help or pointers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Arup Nanda