Ah, just noticed the 'dblink' part of your message.

V$mystat probably won't help there.

Jared

"Arup Nanda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 11/07/2003 12:34 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:        Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Getting Number of Rows in CTAS across DBLink

List,

When I create a table as select * from another table across a dblink, how do I find out how many rows were created in the table? Is there a statistic somewhere, documented or otherwise, that tells me how many rows were fetched?

Currently I am using a rather convoluted approach - using the statistic, bytes received via SQL*Net to dblink, and dividing that by the average row size to get an approximate idea of the number of rows. However, this approximation is far from even reasonably accurate; and since the rowsize can change radically, it can be way off the mark. Any help or pointers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Arup Nanda