get length of each of those you will see which one you need.
length of #4 should be 0.
--
Vladimir Begun
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and

Seema Singh wrote:

Hi,
If we have table with clob column and want to findout whcih clob column rows has been updated/inilialised thru empty_clob() functions? How to do that?

Like table with 2 columns ID and testcolu .ID is
desc test_table
Name Null? Type
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------- --------------------------------------------
ID NUMBER(16)
TESTCOLU CLOB

Having rows like

ID TESTCOLU
---------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        1 aaaaaaaa
        2 aaaaaaaa
        3
        4
       99

Out of these 5 rows id# 4 were inilialised thru EMPTY_CLOB() function.Wondering which sql statement would pickup only those rows having id value 4 .
The ID 3 was inilialised thru NULL and 99 was with ' '.
thanks in advance.
-Seema

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Vladimir Begun INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]