Oh, wait!  I know this!  ^H=back a character!  ^U=erase line!

IT'S VMS!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 8:05 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Here's a snippit from my ~/.kshrc, which kinda-sorta approximates bash's
default behavior.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to bind
TAB for filename completion in ksh88. :-(  Apparently ksh93 can handle this,
but it isn't available on any of the servers I support.

        set -o emacs
        alias __A=`echo "\020"`     # up arrow = ^p = back a command
        alias __B=`echo "\016"`     # down arrow = ^n = down a command
        alias __C=`echo "\006"`     # right arrow = ^f = forward a character
        alias __D=`echo "\002"`     # left arrow = ^b = back a character
        alias __H=`echo "\001"`     # home = ^a = start of line
        alias __Y=`echo "\005"`     # end = ^e = end of line