Is this true? strace-ing on linux shows gettimeofday
calls (for e) and getrusage (for c) - just like Cary
describes. On HP however tusc-ing a simple "select *
from dual" issued from sqlplus I see:

calls sys call
----- --------
1     gettimeofday()
1     getrusage()
15    times()

Which sys call is used for what?
Guess I can turn timed_statistics off and see how it
affects the (amount of) sys calls issued

Thanks,
Boris Dali.

 --- Niall Litchfield
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > <me> reads
Jonathan's description and blushes</me>

#98:c=10000,e=433,p=0,cr=2,cu=2,mis=0,r=1,dep=1,og=4,tim=1777312113968

#110:c=10000,e=390,p=0,cr=1,cu=3,mis=0,r=1,dep=1,og=4,tim=1777

#103:c=10000,e=40,p=0,cr=0,cu=0,mis=0,r=0,dep=1,og=4,tim=1777314524922

Author: Boris Dali