Bert,

You wrote:

Remember that horticulturists are free to enhance their products 
indefinitely with artificial fertilizer containing all minerals required 
by their products.  "Mother Nature" has nothing to do with this 
construct.  She is primarily the product of fuzzy 19th century thinking, 
when much of the natural world was unknown and the principles of formal 
scientific logic were vague.  Nowadays we rely on the Scientific Method 
and place our faith on the analysis of experimental data.
Mark attempts to bolster his point of view by stating, "...in the end 
Mother Nature is in charge," followed by an apocalyptic vision of a 
village buried under a deforested mountainside, and even further, "...a 
large dead zone in the Gulf of Mexico."  Such metaphors have little to 
do with whether carbon dioxide enhanced growth of orchids can be sustained.


Are you being passive aggressive towards me? If so, it is better to get 
the issues out in the open, or e-mail me privately.


The following is addressed to "icones" or anyone else who feels I have 
unjustly caused them harm during my criticism of the recent OSG/IOCC 
proposal on hybrids.

  I am definitely feeling blow back from my criticism of the OSG/IOCC 
proposal to exempt all hybrids from CITES and CITES documentation. While 
the anger may be justified, it is hard to apologize when the issues 
aren't actually dealt with directly. People that know me know I have no 
intentions to harm or hurt anyone. I will admit my mistakes, and I have 
no problem in apologizing. A lot of actual communications are lost on 
this forum. Ninety percent or more of normal communication is actually 
through body language. On all forums, topics get mangled, intent gets 
lost, and who is being addressed can get confusing. I am offering to 
reconcile things, and sincerely apologize where appropriate.

A story:

A long time ago on this forum or its predecessor, I got into a big 
argument. Now it doesn't matter who was right or wrong in the argument, 
after, I realized that I had handled it badly and should have handled it 
better. This person is still active on this forum, and while we have 
never spoken about it since, I think we have buried the hatchet. He has 
e-mailed me privately since I have come back on to the forum, and it 
never came up. I have no malice towards him, and feel no malice from 
him. I would say he is a moderating force on this forum, and admire him 
for that.  Ever since that argument, I have vowed that if I got into 
another scrape, I would conduct myself better.

Mark Sullivan
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids

Reply via email to