Mark,

you wrote, my replies follow:

> The following is addressed to "icones" or anyone else who feels I have
> unjustly caused them harm during my criticism of the recent OSG/IOCC
> proposal on hybrids.

I certainly did not feel like you did me harm or was attempting to me harm.
However, I just don't agree with your stated position and tried to explain
why. Again however, it is your right to have that position and maintain that
position. BTW a right I spent 42 years defending.

> I am definitely feeling blow back from my criticism of the OSG/IOCC
> proposal to exempt all hybrids from CITES and CITES documentation. While
> the anger may be justified,

There was no anger in my post. I was trying to explain to you what was done
and why.

> ...it is hard to apologize when the issues aren't actually dealt with
directly.

I am not sure I understand what issues weren't dealt with directly.

>People that know me know I have no
> intentions to harm or hurt anyone.

I never indicated that you did or even thought that you did.

>I will admit my mistakes, and I have no problem in apologizing.

Well that's all well and good, but what are you wanting to apologize for? I
certainly saw nothing in your post about the proposed changes to CITES to
require an apology. We disagree as to its usefullness, so what.

>A lot of actual communications are lost on this forum.

Maybe not enough.

>Ninety percent or more of normal communication is actually
> through body language. On all forums, topics get mangled, intent gets
> lost, and who is being addressed can get confusing.

I certainly advocate face to face discussions in all very important matters,
and have traveled many millions of miles in proof of that, but don't see its
relevancy here.

>I am offering to reconcile things, and sincerely apologize where
appropriate.

Well no apology is due me and if a "thing ain't broke" no reconciliation is
necessary either.

icones


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----


_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids

Reply via email to