The Great genius Bert chose to write:
An interesting question would be when the entry for "theory" was entered in the Longman Dictionary of the English Language. Do you really think that scores of books by scientists on how scientists think could be superseded by one source, written by some self appointed authority in one obscure book that Guido has discovered? Perhaps the take-home lesson is that Taxonomists do not think like scientists, or at least they do not read outside of their very narrow interests.
Oh Bert, are you at it again. How often do you get the urge to demonstrate your lack of intelligense?
Longman is the leading dictionary company in Europe (you know, those few countries across the big water where your ancesters came from), Their dictionaries are not just "obscure books".
And again, your stupidity culminated in your favorite statement : "Taxonomists do not think like scientists." Bert, I am sure that there are some decent psychiatrists in Miami. Take my benevolent advice, go see one.
And just to calm you down about not reading outside my narrow interests: I have a degree in clinical chemistry, I have a degree in general Biology, I have a degree in English philology, and I have studied 4 years of Art History. So much for my "one-track-mindedness".
Regards Guido
Dr. Guido J. Braem
_______________________________________________ the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD) [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids

