Actually, there are probably quite a few of us on this list who have thrown up their hands after the 5th name change in the past several decades and simply call our plants by the name we learned back in the 70's. The plants grow and bloom and don't care. The literature typically includes all the synonyms or past incarnations of the plant in question...so cultivation info is easy to come by even without the 'newest and bestest name' (shrug). Most folks know what you're talking about. Some of the more pedantic will correct you. My plants don't care either way. I sure don't....

Betty Goetz (whose Epidendrum cochleatum (sic), in my collection since the mid 70's, has 15 blooming spikes at the moment...despite my not really knowing WHAT it's current name-of-the-hour is supposed to be)